Monday, May 25, 2009

Even Better News

I wanted to share with you all a message that Spencer's Aunt wrote on her facebook page. It really puts things in prospective!

Leslie 5/24

Things just get better and better. Spence seemed to be having a rough day today after having his meds weaned again this afternoon. So we were prepared for maybe a rough night, unless they gave him something else to help him sleep.

Well....Jim and I went to get food and Aunt Becca was here with Spence while he napped. He then woke up seeming to feel not quite as bad as he was after his nurse giving him some Tylenol. Then I decided I wanted to hold him, so we were going to change him first. And, of course, the dangerous thing that often happens with boys happened up my arm as I was wiping him. As we (me, Becca, Jim, and Mary, his nurse) laughed about it, the best thing EVER happened-- SPENCER LAUGHED WITH US. He just started chuckling his sweet Spence chuckle, and I swear it was better than hearing it for the very first time.

After that, it was if a switch had been flipped. And all evening he's been crying, yelling, babbling, and even put his lips together so I could repeated pull down that lower lip to make that fun, silly sound we like to make as little kids.

It's by far the most amazing thing ever. And then I finally got to hear what I've wanted all along... A good, strong, solid "ma-ma." Not one out of anger or frustration, just a good, hearty "ma-ma." I've never been so happy in my life. I don't know whether to laugh or cry, so we've all just been doing both all evening. If there is anyone who doesn't believe in miracles, tell them to give us a ring. Or simply get on facebook and read about the past 3 weeks of Spence's life.

Prayer is powerful. God is good and amazing... I'm in awe of everything that's happened tonight. Keep up the praying... I have no doubt that Spence will make a full recovery after what he's done in the past week with very little therapy. I can't wait to get to Kluge and watch even more miracles unfold. Goodnight and love to all.

4 comments:

Elaine at Matters of the Heart) said...

Continuing to praise him with you...What great news.

Bahiyah S. said...

I've been reading your blog. Come over and get your award.

Kristina P. said...

Just checking in on you!

sanjeet said...

What great news.
Work from home India